Whether it is mechanical parts or metal structures, the most prominent problem is the surface wear or corrosion or both. Here’s a brief overview of the U.S. METCO coating application guide
1, Wear resistance – Thermal Spraying Technology(for example titanium carbide) applications at the maximum high and low temperatures. Such coatings specifically divided into the following situations
(1) resistance to adhesive wear or scratch.the two surfaces sliding when debris from one surface to the other surface, the occurrence of adhesive wear or scratches. Special typical coating is tungsten carbide cobalt-based, nickel-chromium / chromium carbide coating.
(2) abrasive wear – when a hard surface slides on softer surfaces, and the presence of wear between the two surfaces, the occurrence of abrasive wear. When the fiber and yarn at high speed through the surface, but also occurs abrasive wear. Typical coating is cobalt-based proprietary nickel-chromium alloy, self fluxing mixed molybdenum, chromium oxide coating.
(3) fretting resistance, repeated loading and unloading cycle stress cause surface cracking and large loss. Special typical coating is aluminum / titanium dioxide coating.
(4) resistance to cavitation wear – resistant liquid flow on the surface cause the mechanical shock. Special typical coating is aluminum bronze coating.
(5) resistance to erosion , gas or liquid particles in high,speed impact surface, would be occur erosion wear. Special coating is alumina/titanium dioxide, aluminium oxide coating.
2. High temperature & oxidation resistance, such coatings resistant to chemical or physical decomposition, improve the parts of high temperature performance. Such coatings are divided into the following situation.
(1) thermal barrier coating.act as a thermal barrier between the parts and the high temperature environment. Special typical coating is with yttria zirconia coating of stabilizing treatment.
(2) high temperature & oxidation resistance coating – protect the base. Special typical coating is nickel/chromium coating.
(3) Heat resistant corrosion coating(hafniumcarbide ) – Protection the matrix which exposed to the heat of the corrosive gas Special typical coating is nickel / chromium coating.
3. anticorrosion coating – select this type of coating is more complicated, because the parts in corrosion status, the environment temperature and a variety of media has certain requirements, generally use the cobalt base alloys, nickel base alloy and oxide ceramic as coating material, by increasing the density of the coating, to block the penetration of corrosive medium Select the reasonable coating materials and parts base material oxidation/reduction potential, to prevent electrochemical corrosion, corrosion inhibiting sealant.
Langfeng metallic material Ltd undertake the mission”denefiting all under the heaven”,creating value for customers,help employees grow and help more people progress and development is our firm goal.We specialize in military new materials of rocket systems , coating materials, carbide, cermet cutting tools and development of raw materials, high speed twist steel production and sales.Companies advocating green ideas, energy efficiency is the direction of the company, according to the needs of the company’s strategic development, the establishment of an industrial microwave division which is responsible for product development,and production sales.
Stay tuned for detailed product information company official website: http: //www.langfengmetallic.cn